January 27, 2019 - 2 min
Visit to Smart Pension
Smart Pension is our new London based fin-tech client disrupting and revolutionizing the pensions industry. Our developers paid them a visit to meet with other members of the team and discuss further product development.
About Smart Pension
Smart Pension is a global savings technology platform provider. It is also one of the UK’s largest providers of workplace pensions. Its award-winning master trust is MAF-accredited and overseen by independent professional trustees. It was co-founded in 2014 by Andrew Evans, CEO, and Will Wynne, MD, and launched in May 2015. Europe’s second-largest asset manager Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM) took a minority stake in the digital pension platform in 2016, part of a move by LGIM to invest in high-achieving, innovative technology that has a positive impact on the wider economy.
In 2017, Smart Pension was named “Fintech Innovation of the Year” and the overall winner in the “Digital Leaders 100 Awards”, and at the European Pension Awards last year it was named “Master Trust of the Year”.
Here are the 10 great reasons why working for Smart Pension is great (written by our developers after the London trip):
1. Work with some of the top people in the Ruby/Rails community
2. Well funded startup with secure future and organic growth
3. FinTech startup without hassles that are usually connected to financial companies
4. Perfectly balanced teams with just the right number of devs/QA engineers per team
5. Concentrated on having top code quality
6. Codebase has more than 96% test coverage!
7. Oices in UK, Poland, US, and Croatia — opportunity to travel and learn
8. Highly organized but at the same time relaxed work atmosphere
9. Regular team meetings and get-togethers
10. Exceptional work/fun ratio
Give Kudos by sharing the post!