QA Engineer – Smart Pension
Life at Q is anything but boring! We’re on a mission to find the As to the most challenging Qs of today. That makes our everyday lives more fun, our team more cohesive and our daily tasks more exciting.
We’re looking for a proactive, team-oriented, and motivated Senior QA Engineer (m/f) to join our London based development Smart Pension team, that will help manage the team's responsibility towards quality in our codebase before it is delivered to our production environment for our clients to use. The job function is incredibly important as your quality assurance experience will be used to guide team decisions about if new code should be shipped or not. You will become an integral part of the development process as the engineering team will look to you to ensure that the application is fit for purpose.
For the last few years Smart Pension is one of the Q’s biggest clients. It is a rapidly-growing fintech company transforming the pensions industry for the better. They are changing the way people interact with their pensions, from their award-winning mobile app to their industry-first Amazon Alexa integration.
What will you do?
- Lead testing approaches for features and projects
- Ensure new features are in sizeable, easily testable chunks
- Work closely with the full team in order to refine all tickets with acceptance criteria and test criteria
- Design tickets in a way so that anybody in the team is able to test them
- Move responsibility of testing away from a QA bottleneck to encourage a whole team ownership of the release of features to production
- Drives getting a feature from the backlog to production
- Work in an agile environment delivering to the production daily
- Demonstrate experience in coaching/mentoring other engineers
- Continuously improving, from your own self learning to company wide processes
- Collaborate with the team and the QA Practice to improve processes and make sure the highest quality of code reaches production
- Work across multiple teams within the same domain
- Influence and guide your team on quality related subjects
- Coach/mentor other QAs within the community
What skills do you need?
We know how challenging it can be to tick every box. Here are a few skills that we feel would make you successful in the role, but please do not be put off from applying if you do not have every single one of them:
- Self-driven, good communication, proud of your work, and a team player
- Willing to learn and grow within a fast paced environment
- Agile experience in the end to end test cycle
- 5+ years of testing experience and/or relevant qualifications
- Analytical and problem solving skills with an interest in technology
Desired but not essential skills:
What do we offer
- The location choice is yours: remote, on-site or hybrid
- Flexible working hours
- Work with new technologies in a high-performance environment
- IT community involvement — Meetups, Workshops & Articles
- Internal workshops & personal development
- Educational budget
- 100% paid sick leave
- Paid health insurance
salaries are based on your experience, level of knowledge & technical interview.